The ERANet-LAC project, funded by the 7TH Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development, aims within one of its tasks to develop a long-term roadmap, including perspectives for future joint activities beyond the project.
In order to identify the most suitable joint activities to be included in the roadmap, a consultation process among the 17 ERANet-LAC partners was conducted.
The questionnaire divided the potential activities in 4 types of joint actions:
- To explore emerging research areas;
- To Invest jointly in new transnational research;
- Actions for mobility and capacity building and,
- Actions to join transnational research with innovation
The downloadable pdf document summarizes the answers received to the questionnaire.
The highest ranked actions are:
- Joint Calls for Research (7 participants considered them with “Very High Relevance”)
- Networks and knowledge networks to foster networking and knowledge exchange between countries and the opening of research infrastructures to researchers and enterprises (6 participants considered both actions to have “High Relevance”).
- Research staff exchange for promoting international and inter-sector collaboration; Joint calls for young researchers and Collective Business workshops (5 participants considered each to have “High Relevance”)
- Short and long term activities should be further planned in the context of the Interest Group, taking into account the interest of the participant countries and funding agencys.
- Opportunities for young researchers should be regularly promoted.
- The gap between research and innovation should be reduced in order to respond to Societal Challenges. Synergies between activities could be increased, multiplying their added value and impact.