In the frame of ERANet-LAC project different types of Joint Research and Innovation Activities were implemented to strengthen the bi-regional partnership in Science, Technology and Innovation.
Among them two joint calls involving 25 countries from both regions, were successfully launched:
The 1st Joint Call on Research and Innovation of programme owners in the Member States of the European Union (MS), the Associated Countries to the 7th Framework Programme (AC), the Latin-American and the Caribbean Countries was launched on 16th September 2014 and closed on 27th November 2014.
- Call opened: 16.09.2014 Call closed: 27.11.2014
- Number of submitted projects: 90
- Number of funded projects: 14
- Total granted budget for all projects:7.6 M€
- Self-financed budgets for all projects: 2 M€
- Number of participating countries: 16
- Number of participating funding organizations: 20
The topics funded included Biodiversity/Climate Change, Bioeconomy, Energy and Health.
ERANet-LAC 2nd Joint Call on Research and Innovation opened the 1 December 2015 and was closed on 10 March 2016.
The design of the 2nd ERANet-LAC Joint Call was of a flexible nature to ensure that a wide variety of funding institutions was able to join the Joint Call, and that as many researchers as possible from European, Latin-American and Caribbean countries were eligible for funding. For this reason, each participating funding institution applied its individual national/ regional funding regulations. Applicants were therefore asked to check the national /regional regulations of their funding organisations before the submission of a proposal.
- Call opened: 01.12.2015 Call closed: 10.03.2016
- Total number of projects submitted: 170
- Number of funded projects: 27
- The total granted budget for all 27 projects amounts to: 12.7 M€
- The self-financed budgets for all 27 projects amounts to: 5.8 M€
- Number of participating countries: 22
- Number of participating funding organizations: 26
The projects addressed the thematic fields of Bioeconomy, Health, Biodiversity and Energy.